We very much want you to enjoy your visit to Singing Hills, but it is essential that you follow the ‘protocol’ put in place for members, member’s guests and visitors alike, so golf can continue to flourish.
Please read this ‘protocol’ thoroughly before arriving at the course, so you can put it into practice, and make sure any playing partners are advised to read this too.
Your support on this matter is very much appreciated, we want Singing Hills to be known as a friendly welcoming Club, but anyone found not to be following this guidance will unfortunately be asked to leave the course.
PLEASE MAINTAIN SOCIAL DISTANCING AT ALL TIMES, “PLAY SAFE, STAY SAFE”
Paul Gibbons - Golf Secretary
1. COURSE ACCESS
To access the course, a player must:
- Not have recently returned from one of the restricted overseas destinations.
- Not be in self isolation.
- Not be displaying Covid-19 symptoms.
- Have a pre-reserved tee time.
- Have correct golf attire (golf trousers or dressed shorts, collared golf shirt, ankle socks & golf shoes).
2. BOOKING & ARRIVAL
Tee times can be reserved up to 7 days in advance, by calling the Golf Shop or
- Only 1 booking for up to 4 players per visitor, no group bookings.
- 9 & 18 holes only.
- 8 min tee time intervals.
- Tee times for 9 holes are restricted, the Golf Shop will inform you of availability when booking.
- Arrive at the course no more than 20 mins prior to reserved tee time, unless using the Driving Range which is available as per the hours displayed on our website.
- Golfers should travel to the Course alone, or with a member of the same household.
- Ample car parking spaces are available to ensure social distancing.
- Players must arrive in proper golf attire and change shoes in the car park.
- Observe social distancing always and resist the temptation to mingle.
- Gates are closed around 9.00pm with no car exit after this time.
3. Check – in & Golf Shop Protocol
- ALL PLAYERS MUST REGISTER AT THE GOLF SHOP WEARING A MASK before going to the first tee & obtain a ticket to play which must be shown to the ‘Marshall’ if requested on the course.
- Entry is via the steps outside the Golf Shop, social distancing lines are in place if a queue develops.
- Exit from the Golf shop is via the opposite steps outside the Golf Shop with arrow signs to direct you.
- A maximum of four people at any one time are allowed in the Golf Shop, so please do not enter if your presence would exceed that number.
- Please use the hand sanitizer on entry to the Golf Shop & wear a mask.
- Sanitized trolley handles for use with hire trollies will be available & buggies for single person usage (when conditions allow, usually the summer months)
- Soft Drinks and Snacks are available from the Golf Shop.
- Access to the toilets will be via the Golf shop, located in the bar & front entrance area or in the changing rooms, please sanitize hands on entering the shop & wash hands thoroughly after using the toilets.
- Contactless card payment would be preferred.
- Please be mindful of social distancing in the shop to protect other visitors & staff.
4. To the First tee
- Play is for no more than 4 players as per the tee time given on registration.
- Arrive on the 1st Tee no more than 5 mins prior to your reserved Tee time.
- Ensure social distancing is adhered to both on the walk to the Tee & whilst waiting to Tee off. If someone is on the tee, stay behind the floor markers until the tee is clear.
- Any player(s) not following directions will be asked to leave the course.
5. On the Course
- Social distancing must be observed throughout, particularly important on tees and greens. Anyone not adhering to this will be asked to leave the course.
- Ball Washers, Shoe Cleaners are out of use. Bunker rakes have been removed, players must smooth sand with feet or club after use and can clean & place their ball within 6 inches not nearer the hole without penalty.
- Please observe pace of play at all times & let faster groups through if you are playing slowly.
- Flagsticks will remain in the hole & must not be touched. Use your putter on the ball retrieving device to return your ball from the hole.
- Once a hole has been completed, the group in front must have exited the tee box before players can progress to the next hole.
- Players must not pick up another player’s equipment or golf ball & don’t swap scorecards and players must refrain from handshakes & high fives.
- When a ‘Marshall’ is out on the course to ensure everything runs smoothly, please follow his direction at all times & any abusive behaviour will result in you potentially being banned from the course.
6. Club House (Bar & Restaurant)
A limited number of tables will be positioned on the patio & bar & with appropriate seating to accommodate people appropriately “social distanced” as is allowed under the latest guidance.
You must wear a face mask in the Club House at all times until you are seated & then only remove them for eating or drinking:
- Please DO NOT move chairs from these tables to other tables.
- Please DO NOT join two tables together.
- No standing is allowed, table service only.
- If you are a larger family, or group of 6 please ask staff to bring out additional seating to accommodate you.
- If you are on the patio & it rains & there is no internal seating available, I am afraid you will need to finish your drink & leave.
- Details of all visitors including name, telephone number & email need to be given to the staff for track & trace purposes. This information will be destroyed after 21 days.
- No orders for drinks will be taken at the bar, the bar staff will take an order at your table:
- A member of staff will come to your table, take your details for track and trace purposes (QR codes are available for those with the NHS Covid 19 App) & take your order, then bring the drinks to your table & take payment, we would prefer contactless as much as possible.
- A menu will be provided, if in addition to drinks you require food which is served up to 4pm daily and payment is made on placing the order, ideally again contactless rather than cash. The food with cutlery etc will then be brought to your table when ready.
- Please do not sit at a table that has left over glasses or dishes on it until it has been sanitized by staff.
- If you wish to eat in the restaurant, rather than the bar, for breakfast, lunch or any food up to 4pm once restrictions ease, a member of staff will show you to a table, so we can accommodate you comfortably and payment will be at the table.
- Please note that service might be slower than normal, even with the same level of staffing, as we will be required to sanitize all surfaces more frequently.
- The Changing rooms are open for toilet use only.
7. Getting Home Safely
- Post-round, players must return straight to their cars & leave unless using the bar & restaurant. Please clean your clubs and equipment after returning home.
- Please note the Front Gates will be locked at approx. 9.00pm or earlier if the last group are off the course. You cannot get out in a car after the gates are locked.
- Please call or email the General office with any post round health issues or Covid-19 related queries, at the earliest possible opportunity.
8. Practice Facilities
- The Driving Range will be open to both green fee players & members of the public as per the ‘opening hours’ displayed on the website.
- Currently there is no requirement to wear a mask on the Driving Range.
- Sanitized baskets are to be collected on arrival & returned after use to the Golf Shop.
- Sanitized tokens & cards are available in the Golf Shop.
- No spectators are allowed on the Driving Range.
- Children must be supervised on the driving Range and putting green.
- Driving range doors are to be left open.
- No standing in the walk way between bays is allowed to comply with social distancing, the bays are all 3 metres wide.
- Practice social distancing on the practice putting green, priority will be given to players due to tee off imminently, marshalled by staff.
We thank you in advance for following these protocols to keep everybody safe and hope you enjoy your visit to Singing Hills.